Sandy Beach: Rules & Guidelines
The following rules are issued to assure the safety of beach visitors and to protect the environment:
Beach + Beach House Hours:
The Sandy Beach Beachouse is open, and lifeguards are on staff seven days a week from 10:00 am until 6:00 pm through Labor Day.
A valid Cohasset Town Parking Sticker
is required to access the parking area.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Dogs between 8:00am and 8:00pm (May 1 - October 1)
- Flotation devices
- Glass containers
- Open fires
- Rock climbing
- Walking on dunes
- Water craft in marked swim area
- Launching boats, canoes
- Scuba diving
- Leaving pet waste
(all dog waste must be collected and removed from Sandy Beach at all times)
Permitted Within Designated Areas:
- Bogey boards
- Surf boards
- SUP (Paddle-boards) & Kayaks
please note: Anyone using a SUP or kayak is required by US Coast Guard mandates to be wearing a PFD (Personal Floatation Device)
- Please leave Sandy Beach better than you found it!
- Concerning trash receptacles, additional trash bins will be added, but should your trash does not fit into one of the trash bins, please bring it home with you.
- Do not leave garbage and especially pizza boxes on the ground piled next to the trash bins.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to offer such recycling services at Sandy Beach. Previous attempts to provide recycle bins have not been successful. Please take recyclable items with you.
- Pizza boxes continue to be a significant problem. Bring your empty boxes home with you!
Sandy Beach Neighbors
- Sandy Beach is located in a residential neighborhood. Please be considerate of auto/motorcycle speed, garbage, dogs, and noise.
- Walking through the dunes and climbing on the rocks on either side of Sandy Beach is prohibited. Please respect the private property of our neighbors.
- Beachgoers are urged to drive carefully on local roads this summer.
You must have a current Cohasset All Facilities Sticker on your car to park at Sandy Beach. Stickers are available to residents and must be renewed every year by March 1st. The sticker must be placed on the front windshield, in the lower left hand corner on the driver's side window. You will be ticketed if the sticker is not in the proper location. For more information about All Facilities Sticker, you can contact the Town Clerk's Office at 781.383.4100 or the Department of Public Works at 781.383.0273.
Beach visitors are invited to enjoy many days at the “Jewel of Cohasset” in a safe and environment-friendly manner.